Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Biscuit jointer for DIY use

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:19:07 +0100, "James Harris"
wrote:

The latter is far too expensive for the use I would get from the tool but is
there anything I should be aware of and look for in a cheaper model that
would make one DIY version better than another? The only important setting I
can think of is a fence that can be depended on to remain parallel to the
cutter blade and, perhaps, dust collection would be a boon.

Chiuppies here have a Lamello and a cheopo Ferm. The latter was orignally bought
for rougher work, i.e. trimming laminate where the expansion joint was too
small. Held up well in rough commerical use -- though they may have put a
Lamello blade in. Most of the adjustable features the Lamello has (and the Ferm
hasn't) weren't used in day-to-day work: making cabinets and joining boards.

Thomas Prufer