Reyd Dorakeen

Default Large Chunks of Soft Maple Any Good

I'm trying to find a page, It had what looked like very good instructions on
how to get the fungus growing, using a mix of things, and putting them+the
wood in a bag.
in article , George at
wrote on 1/18/04 9:34 AM:

Or, for good predictability, I have found the best approach to be lying the
piece on its side and rotating every couple of months to get the spalting
more evenly distributed. Keep damp and cool by whatever required. For me,
shade and a tarp good enough.

If it's anywhere near the bark or dirt, there'll be plenty of spores. Don't
worry about non-wood organics, they aren't what the fungus eats.

"AHilton" wrote in message
Stand the wood on end (endgrain down to the ground) and seal the top
endgrain. It's best if you'll have some organic matter (leaves, manure,
non-sterile earth) under the wood in order to increase the chances that

the
right kind of fungus is present to do the spalting in the first place. No
guarantee that you'll have the right environmental conditions or that

you've
got the right kind of White Rot fungus to do the spalting but at least
you're giving it a chance this way.

- Andrew

random patterns that are quite striking and beautiful. Completely seal

some
pieces with anchorseal and wait. You may be very pleasantly surprised!

-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA