Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What do you think.

On 8/31/2014 12:00 PM, Zaky Waky wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 8/31/2014 2:42 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

but if you sell your house, you will need to pay rent which WILL go
up with inflation. So, you need to do your math.

Depends on where you live. Some people qualify for "senior housing"
and pay low rent based on income. I know someone at work using that
as retirement planning. Single, no assets other than a 40ik and IRA
she will be content with that.

Looks like a welfare leach to me. "low rent based on income" is just
another way to say some other taxpayer gets to carry the load.

Yes, government owned and subsidized. She has me stumped a bit. She is
not one to take anything from the government, at least up to retirement.
Very self sufficient. Her parents always rented and so has she. No
desire to own a house, even when she was married.

Government housing is not much to aspire to, IMO.