Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Just curious whether an attic fan is apropos here

trader_4 wrote, on Sun, 31 Aug 2014 14:08:03 -0700:

There's only a vent in one gable? Nothing in the other ends?
Depending on how it would look, what those other sides face, you
could put another gable vent in. That would double the exit venting.
And also help even more, maybe, depending on the prevailing winds.

There are about five of those gables. All of them meet in the
middle of the house, so, they all kinda combine at different levels.

One time I drilled between floors, and it took 5 feet of drill just
to get from one floor to the ceiling of the other floor, so, they
have all sorts of secret passageways (all closed off) between the
floors.

Dunno why. I'm not the original owner. But the point is that the
five attics all kind of meet in the middle, but not really. You
can only crawl between two of them. The rest are totally self
contained.