Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default A new tool!

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 16:27:20 -0600, MaxD wrote:
I considered buying Woodpecker's hole jig, but it's not nearly in the
class of the Precision Casewerk hole tool.
http://www.woodpeck.com/shelfpintemplate.html

I made my own, similar, out of tempered masonite. I use a plunge router.

Sure you can make your own, but I found a long time ago that it can be
a great detriment to being able to make something for yourself. The
time you can waste doing that can be immense. And, all it takes is one
little screw up while making some jig to add to the time wasted.

You have to pick your battles (building stuff for yourself) very
carefully.