Posted to alt.home.repair
Ned Turnbull Ned Turnbull is offline

Default Windows scam call

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 18:55:54 -0400, Frank wrote:

In real life, a few months ago, I had to buy MS Office and it did not
load properly. They gave a number to call if there was a problem

A friend of mine was looking for Toshiba Technical Support a few days
ago, and ran into this site, only about 2 weeks old (it turns out),
registered to a Mohit Singh.
http://toshibatechssupport.com

He calls the toll-free number at that web page & gets "Sean" almost
immediately, who is very helpful (or so it seemed).
http://i59.tinypic.com/14kk3n4.jpg

Sean proceeds with the classic Indian Scam using TeamViewer, until
my friend pulled the Ethernet cable & hung up the phone when he
typed dir /s and then typed a message that there was a virus in
his modem.

The friend is running virus scans as we speak!
http://i62.tinypic.com/2wdqdyb.jpg