Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Battery-powered chainsaws...

J Burns wrote, on Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:54:43 -0400:

I can't tell what size it is. I'd use a 21" or smaller on that stuff.
First I'd get what I could with loppers.

Smaller bow saws have teeth suited to smaller wood. The shorter blade
is more rigid. Multiple holes in a blade allow a choice of tensions. I
use low tension for storage and set it taut for cutting. I keep oil
handy because green wood tends to cause gumming. Some saps are worse
than others.

It's about 25 or so inches long. The teeth are huuuuuge, by way of comparison.
When I try to cut 4 inch manzanita, it cuts but if I try to cut anything
smaller, it just sways with the branch and catches.

I never knew the trick of the oil. That's a neat idea. Does motor oil work?