Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Just curious whether an attic fan is apropos here

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 03:53:17 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Oren wrote, on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 06:19:24 -0700:

Do you mean a Gable Ventilator Fan?
https://tinyurl.com/pz25d83
Or Attic & Whole House Fan
https://tinyurl.com/qcxll7j

I wasn't sure.
I do like the pictures because they give me an idea of what size
these fans look like, and how they're mounted. Thanks.

If it were me, I'd likely go with the gable vent fan.

- adjustable automatic thermostat
- thermally protected motor

Ordinarily, the whole house fan is mounted in a hallway ceiling. I
don't think that would be the best option.

Or a roof mounted Solar Attic Fan
http://www.bigfrogmountain.com/AtticFan.html

Ooooh. Nice. Very nice. I have more sun than most people, being on a mountain
above the clouds, so, that's kind'a nice having the solar fan. Problem is the roof
itself is tile, so, I'd have to figure out how the panels go up there...

Yep. These are most often installed during new construction, before
the roof tile is installed. I'd not open that can of worms trying to
a retrofit with a tile roof. Shingles, is even questionable... IMHO.