Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Just curious whether an attic fan is apropos here

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 03:58:35 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Oren wrote, on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:05:30 -0700:

Soffit vent. Likely every other vent (or three or four) at the
rafters.

Yes. I didn't know what a "soffit" was, offhand.

Googling, I see it's the "underside of an architectural
structure such as an arch, a balcony, or overhanging eaves.".

Those small rectangular "soffit vents" are all over the place
in each of the attics.

You have soffit vents (2nd pic) and a gable vent (1st pic). Inside the
attic, look up and you may be able to tell is you have a ridge vent.
You ought to see a space between the roof decking sheets at the top of
the trusses.

Sample:

http://api.ning.com/files/JBLnOLNZ8TpsxF8c-wl7X9*VZcCDu5YhhQrjgY0TSJQz2upZN91QCudliXAtv4d7GBl epAtAx2CT4ayovUPxQoKIDwHtyhhy/ridgeventmildew.JPG

https://tinyurl.com/o78agnz

It vents like this as the hot air rises.

http://adamsonroofing.com/blog/wp-uploads/ridge-vents.jpg