Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Battery-powered chainsaws...

Pico Rico wrote, on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:44:54 -0700:

I use gas powered chain saws. But I also bought an arborist blade for my
cordless reciprocating saw, and I LOVE it.

Out here it gets hot during the day, so we cut only in the mornings where
I've been helping a neighbor cut a mile-long path through the chaparral.

We started with the gas chainsaw, but in the hills, sound carries far,
especially in the morning as there is no road traffic or other sounds
and there is just air in the hills between houses, so a neighbor asked
us to be more quiet.

So, we cut this 10-foot wide swatch with hand tools only:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5559/1...58cc9d04_c.jpg

But, hand tools (and stepping on branches to break them) got old quickly!

So we bought the electric chainsaw you saw in the other pictures, with
which we can clear a ten-foot-wide path through heavy Christmas Berry
and Manzanita and Greasewood of about 50 feet an hour:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5591/1...eb5eb0b8_b.jpg

Generally, we only work about an hour a day, because the battery on the
brand new chainsaw only lasts about a half hour anyway:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5574/1...2ffa4533_b.jpg

But, we're pretty tired after just one hour of cutting, as we're
both old out of shape men.

Here's a 10-foot by 50-foot swath we did just yesterday:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5576/1...65483bde_b.jpg