Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What do you think.

On 8/31/2014 1:32 AM, micky wrote:

Wanamakers of Philadelphia was the first store in the USA to have fixed
prices and no dickering, around 1870 or 80 iirc. If they had patented
fixed prices, would other stores not have been allowed to do that? (He
had other marketing innovations too, all of them appealing to customers)

How many of you have heard of Wanamakers? It's a big name in the
northeast, but I don't know about Canada or the rest of the US, It's a
department store,

My mother took us there when we were little kids. The had a really nice
Christmas Wonderland and also the largest pipe organ in the world in a
big hall in the center of the store.