Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_4_] Timothy Murphy[_4_] is offline

Default 'None of the above' voters turn to UKIP..?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I don't think he works in quantum theory at all.
In fact he seems to share Einstein's doubts about that theory.

Oh dear. Try a bit of research

When I say "works in" I mean "works in quantum field theory".
All of Penrose's work in mathematical physics has been
in the geometry of space-time as defined by general relativity.

Penrose certainly speculates - at great length - about
the foundations of quantum theory.
His views are very similar to Einstein's.
Both agree that quantum theory has been very successful
in its predictions of particle interactions, etc,
but both believe the theory is incomplete,
that the development of physical systems is determined,
and is not completely represented by wave functions.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net