Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

On 31/08/2014 05:01, Phil W Lee wrote:
Bod considered Tue, 26 Aug 2014 20:32:50 +0100
the perfect time to write:

On 26/08/2014 19:56, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/08/2014 19:14, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bod

On 26/08/2014 16:59, Bod wrote:
On 26/08/2014 16:50, Capitol wrote:
Bod wrote:
Stupid mistakes like turning left on the inside of large lorries
who
were also turning left. An experienced cyclist would hang back
from any
lorries......Darwin strikes again :-)

There you are, an organ donor!

Yes, but the same could be said of young inexperienced car drivers.
Their accident rate is disproportionally high, hence the silly money
they have to fork out for car insurance.

As opposed to the zero money forked out by cyclists.

True, but cyclists don't belch out poisonous exhaust gases,
effectively carbon free by comparison to motorised vehicles.

What's that got to do with insurance? Cyclists should have this for
when they knock over or into pedestrians and other things.

I wouldn't argue with that. It should be compulsory.

Agreed!
Of course you carry such insurance.

No, like any vehicle, insurance is not required on private land.
I only cycle on private land now.
Besides, Cycle insurance is not compulsory on cycles at the moment.

Don't you have household contents insurance?
If so, that will cover you (but you do need to be aware of that to
make a claim).

Yes I do have household insurance and it does cover bicycles.