Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Windows scam call

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
I finally got one of the calls from one of the windows scammers telling me
my computer is sending error messages. He caught me at a good time when I
was taking a break and had time to play.

Of course,I thanked him for calling and told him how scared I was that my
computer was broken and he offered help. Fist, I had him wait while my
computer booted up. (I was reading some news on it at the time)

I was amazed at the detail he gave me. Told me to use my finger to press
the Windows key. I asked him what finger. Oops, I used my thumb and have
to start over.We finally got to the point of typing a URL.

He said type www. Oh, I typed wwww. He said no, three w's..OK threew.
That went on for a few variations then we got to the type dot. OK I have
wwwdot.

After about 20 minutes he called me a mother f... and hung up.

you should keep track and see if you can get to 30 minutes next time. I
assume you gave him enough "positive" feedback to keep him on the hook for
that long.