Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Just curious whether an attic fan is apropos here

Danny D. wrote:
Here is one of my five attics:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3895/1...670115cf_b.jpg

Would an attic fan, of some sort, be feasible in this location?
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5582/1...59e28b99_b.jpg

The house has AC, and three floors, and it's insulated with the
loose stuff, at least anywhere where I can 'see' the rafters.

It's California. Northern. So, it's a pretty mild climate, but,
it's as hot as blazes in these attics, so, I was just wondering
if it's better to run the home heating system fans, or, put an
attic fan in to cool the house down, without running the A/C?

I'd put an attic fan in the gable vent in the first picture. A whole house fan,
if that's what you mean, would go in the attic floor to ventilate the whole
house.

What is that light at the end of the rafters in the second picture? Is that a
very open intake vent? Are they all like that?