Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Bose Acoustic Wave music system, disassembly?

On 29/08/2014 20:04, William Sommerwerck wrote:
"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place with
just one screw holding it there. 1987 date, probably.

Give the quarter-century age of the unit, there might have been some
self-bonding of the plastic, as well.

If this msg fails to materialise , no more attempts today.
The acoustic waveguide stuff in the middle section is plastic welded
together .
1987 on the deck motor. Perished pulley tyre, 1,2 or 3 "O" rings will go
in there. The drive bands are just about working order, at least I can
measure unstretched lengths before replacing with sliced silicon rubber
replacements