Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How The A-10 Warthog Became 'The Most Survivable Plane Ever Built'

Gunner Asch on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 08:43:25 -0700
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:29:09 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

My own opinion is that as technological innovations come along,
they get applied to _everything_, from the practical to the "patent
medicine". E.G., when the gasoline engine was invented, it was not
long before someone applied on to powering a wagon, a motorcycle, a
boat, a washing machine. I'm sure that some bright 'lad' even
considered mounting didloes to one. "Just a minute honey, I need to
prime the carburetor."

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/preston-an...PhotoID=769300

http://gizmodo.com/5466997/the-steam...-machines-nsfw

Like I said - guys will try to figure out how to use a new
technology to either make things go fast, or be used for sex. Tis the
nature of the beast.
--
pyotr filipivich