Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default LED bulbs

On 08/13/14 09:16 am, nestork wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy;3271198 Wrote:

No dimmer on that circuit yet, but I think we'll be buying the latest
Lutron LED-compatible dimmers for both rooms.

Can you post which Lutron dimmer you purchased and whether or not it
worked properly with LED bulbs. If I'm going to have to replace a
dimmer switch, I might as well get one that I know works.

I know the dimmer I bought for my mom's dining room chandelier barely
fit in the electrical box. Are the new dimmers smaller?

I now have Lutron Maestro dimmers installed for both the dining room
(four Feit BR30 LED bulbs) and the living room (eight Feit BR30 LED
bulbs). Haven't really had the living room ones on for more than a
minute or two, but one or more of the dining room ones -- one at a time
-- will change brightness from time to time. (These specific Feit bulbs
are listed as compatible with that Lutron dimmer on the Lutron Web site.)

Perce