Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brine tank overflow

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:08:41 -0400, "David Martel"
wrote:

Oren,

Yes. What's age got to do with it?

Failure to perform the intended purpose. Dirt from the brine tank
clogs the resin.

What? There's no indication that the resin tank is clogged. Where are you
getting this from?
His brine tank is overflowing. How have you gone from this isuue to
replacing the resin?

Dave M.

By not knowing how the water softener works.

I had a water softener that used a timed valve to determine how much
water to put in the brine tank and the valve stuck twice, pumping salt
and water all over the basement floor. The fix was simple - a float
controlled valve in a tube down the side of the brine tank like all
the "cheap" softeners use. Low tech and effective - never another
overflow untill I scrapped it and replaced it with a new one about
8-10 years later. And the new one?? It uses a float too!!.