Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 29/08/2014 16:59, Tim Watts wrote:
On 29/08/14 16:54, Clive George wrote:

And his preferred manufacturer has failed him, but Tim is blaming
somebody else rather than the people who actually cocked up.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the Granny Smith analogy.

The manufacturer has been meeting a reasonably predictable demand quite
happily for years.

Then someone in the EU does something both unnecessary and stupid and
causes a run on product.

No, look harder.

Miele list 4 upright models on their website. 1 is over the limit, 3 are
under it. None of those three are sold by John Lewis. None of them are sold
by Argos. That's the cockup.

Vacuum manufacture is not something that traditionally needs production
line capacity to be run up to meet an artificial demand.

Maybe the manufacturer could have stockpiled better, but the root cause
is the EU being dicks. And no amount of debate is likely to change my
mind on the issue. But you are welcome to try.

It's not a stockpiling issue, they've failed to supply the models which
meet the new requirements.

The current run is on old stock, not new - they need to shift that ASAP.
That's why they've got such large discounts on them, and why they have sold
out.

And that happened because...