Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 29/08/14 16:19, Clive George wrote:
On 29/08/2014 16:03, Tim Watts wrote:
On 29/08/14 15:40, Clive George wrote:

No, you wasted your own time. The EU requirements have been known about
for a long time.

Nope. Don't agree.

You don't agree with what? They really have been known about for a long
time.

Don't agree with your saying it's *my* fault. It's not.

It's a pointless change. And I needed a vac *now* not 3 months ago.

Your opinion, and it's not necessarily an important one.

It is a pointless change. So they want to knock a few hundred watts off
a vacuum. Let's say it's used for (an average) of 30 mins per week (bit
more than my usage - am factoring in office cleaning too). And they
reduce the average vac by 300W (generous). That amounts to 0.15kWh saved
per week per household.

The same amount that would be saved by boiling 72ml of water *less* in
your kettle over 20 occasions in the same week.

It's an irrelevant amount.

If they wanted to do something useful, then could make businesses (in
particular shops) turn off most of their lights at night.

Who knows - but it's outside of my control and if the EU stayed out of
it, it would not have been a problem...

It's not "who knows", it's definitely retailers/miele cocking up.

That's like saying it's Granny Smith's fault for getting mugged because
she should have stayed at home instead of every going outside.