Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 29/08/2014 14:14, Tim Watts wrote:
On 29/08/14 13:20, Clive George wrote:
On 29/08/2014 11:17, Tim Watts wrote:

So give a summary of all it says. Not just the Mail version.

Dunno about that but:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-clean-4125086

Well done EU - single handedly buggered up the entire vacuum cleaner
market.

Buggered up? Is it now impossible to find a decent vacuum cleaner for a
decent price?

At this precise moment it is - as I mentioned I wasted a day and half
tracking down the make and general type I wanted.

Argos had none (in 12 different stores) neight did any of the electrical
stores nor online suppliers.

John Lewis in Tunbridge Wells is positively bare in the hoover section
(except for some Dysons which I wouldn't touch).

I found a smaller online store in Reigate with exactly 2 left - the
bloke confirmed - my preferred choice is 200W or so above the this
stupid max level and everyone had been buying them and the manufacturers
seem to be waiting for the dust to settle before making more units.

The EU personally wasted a load of my time and thus I would happily push
the lot of them into a pit filled with aligators.

That's not a buggered market, that's simply one particular type becoming
unavailable. You wasted your own time with your particular requirements.