Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
FWIW, my 20 year old upright cleaner meets all proposed legislation
restricting power input, and I've not found that lacking in suction. Even
when my long haired dog was still around. So I'm genuinely curious why any
domestic cleaner would require a motor of three times that power input.

That may well be true - but this is not seatbelts in cars - I do not see
that the problem is one that needs solving.

Probably just part of grading all domestic appliances.

If they wanted to "solve" the problem, then stipulate that an efficiency
rating be measured by prescribed means and make them display that and
let the consumer decide.

That is part of the reg. But I can't for the life of me understand why
wanting to improve the efficiency of such a boring device as a vacuum
cleaner makes so many boil over. Unless, of course, simply politically
motivated.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.