Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

So give a summary of all it says. Not just the Mail version.

Dunno about that but:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-clean-4125086

Well done EU - single handedly buggered up the entire vacuum cleaner
market.

Hmm. Did you actually read this article?

Here's a quote from it:-

'Sir James Dyson, who gave the world the first bagless vacuum, waded into
the row and called for more rigid testing for the appliances in a proper
family environment rather than sterile labs.

He said: ”The motor cap is the sensible part of the upcoming regulation
from Europe, as it can drive investment in efficient technology.'

Wonder what all the Dyson enthusiasts make of that?

FWIW, my 20 year old upright cleaner meets all proposed legislation
restricting power input, and I've not found that lacking in suction. Even
when my long haired dog was still around. So I'm genuinely curious why any
domestic cleaner would require a motor of three times that power input.

That may well be true - but this is not seatbelts in cars - I do not see
that the problem is one that needs solving.

If they wanted to "solve" the problem, then stipulate that an efficiency
rating be measured by prescribed means and make them display that and
let the consumer decide.