nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
Say the shipping more than doubles the cost of the tank and HD knows that
local stores, etc have the product at reasonable prices, so shipping them is ridiculous. So maybe they wanted to save customers the time of screwing around, figuring out the shipping cost and then never buying it anyway.
HE: "But I want that compressed air tank! It's identical to the one I borrowed from my boss and lost. He might not notice it's brand new, but if he does he's going to know that I went out of my way to replace it with an identical one."

SHE: "Sorry, Sir but we have a policy to protect you from excessive shipping costs, and that's the reason we won't ship to Alaska."

HE: "How much is the shipping on that tank?"

SHE: "It's too much. You won't want to pay for the shipping."

HE: "I'll pay the shipping. How much is it?"

SHE: "I told you, Sir. It's too much."

HE: "Look, if I'm willing to buy that tank AND pay the shipping on it, however much that is. Why won't you sell it to me and ship it to me?"

SHE: "Company policy, Sir. We're protecting you from yourself. Otherwise you would incur excessive shipping costs, and you'd blame us for it."

He: "I won't blame anyone. I'm willing to buy that tank and pay the goddam shipping costs on it whatever they are. Why can't we do this?"

SHE: "It's the company policy. Someone has to protect you from making poor decisions like that."

HE: "Can I speak to your supervisor?"

SHE: "No Sir. It's for your own good, Sir. We're protecting you from your own poor judgement."

HE: "Let me talk to your goddam supervisor."

SHE: "No Sir. Some day you'll thank me."
CLICK
DIAL TONE

HE: "She hung up on me!?!"

Last edited by nestork : August 29th 14 at 04:13 AM