Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
On 28/08/2014 21:40, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
On 28/08/2014 20:26, Rod Speed wrote:

"Dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 28/08/2014 18:26, Mr Pounder wrote:

Can you see the future by saying it won't happen then?
Your pedestrian insurance question was just silly.

What's silly about it?

You are very unlikely to injure anyone as a pedestrian.

Don't you have insurance in case you injure someone while out walking?

Nope, because I know that I wont injure anyone while out walking
unless say
I have a fit or something, in which case their injury is their problem,
not mine.

Pedestrians can harm other people,

Yes, but not seriously enough to need any insurance to cover that.

cyclists have been killed and many injured by errant pedestrians.

But the pedestrians don’t need insurance to cover that.

It is quite feasible to sue anyone that causes loss or damage to
another.

But hardly anyone ever does with a pedestrian, for a reason and
**** all ever end up with significant damages when doing that.

Life time care for one person may run into millions.

**** all pedestrians ever produce anyone needing life time care.

3rd party insurance is definitely a good idea.

Bull****. And that isnt a 3rd party anyway, it’s a 2nd party.

You don't quite understand insurance terminology, do you.

Wrong, as always.