Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.usage.english,sci.electronics.repair,sci.lang
Ned Turnbull Ned Turnbull is offline

Default Summary of status of Microsoft Support scam phone call today onLinux from Android

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:08:33 -0700, Charles Bishop wrote:

What do you pay to have internet access such as DSL? You do have to pay
a local Telco something to have wires from your house to "somewhere",
yes?

I think DSL is somewhere around $50 per month, but it's not
available to me as I'm way too far from the switch, they tell me.

So "I" get "my" internet from the sky.

The Ooma hooks to the router.
And a standard telephone hooks to the Ooma.

Total cost is:
Internet = $50/month (roughly for 10Mbps symmetric, although it varies)
Ooma = $125 (one-time charge at Costco for the equipment)
Tax = $4/month (state and local)

Here is a better model (this one has WiFi) than I have:
http://www.costco.com/Ooma-Telo-VoIP...100123925.html