Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'None of the above' voters turn to UKIP..?

On 28/08/14 14:15, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

http://www.nature.com/news/the-rechargeable-revolution-a-better-battery-1.14815
-------------------------
In 2012, the JCESR hub won US$120 million from the US Department of
Energy to take a leap beyond Li-ion technology. Its stated goal was to
make cells that,
when scaled up to the sort of commercial battery packs used in electric
cars,
would be five times more energy dense than the standard of
the day, and five times cheaper, in just five years.

Goals are nothing like reality.

Like the reality of dealing with nuclear waste?
Ie, hoping something will come along, like Micawber.

We are talking about dealing with nuclear waste., not building windmills
and batteries.

We know exactly what to do with nuclear waste. We have known for over 50
years. Buts stupid people wont let us do it.

I doubt if the US government would fund this research
unless they thought there was a reasonable chance of it succeeding.
They probably know better than you or me.

Than you certainly. Than me? On matters electrical and power generation,
probably not.

Thats not a reflection of my genius, more a reflection of the utter lack
of knowledge on matters technical that any government, with the odd
exception of China and Iran, and POSSIBLY Israel, seem to have.