Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 22/08/14 17:19, Arfa Daily wrote:
... if we've now got to start shaving a few watts off the motor of an
appliance that these days is probably used no more than 15 minutes a
week, in order to save power. I refer of course to the new vacuum
cleaner motor power directive from our chums at the EU ...

Eco-bollox at its most ludicrous ... :-\

Arfa

And thank you EU *******s.

I need a new vacuum and Miele uprights (wot I wanted) have just taken on
the availability of unobtainium. Shops - nothing. Online - nothing.

I also notice the Miele have scaled back on the very good range of
cylinders they used to have.

A long time ago (and despite being a Miele, it did die of old age and
abuse) I had a cylinder with an electrobrush (wires in the hose) with a
light on it. Fantastic for carpet. No such thing exists now.

For some reason most modern vacuums (uprights anyway) seem to have
stopped looking like hoovers and all seem to look like a transparent
cross between a hoover from the year 2525 and something from the Science
Museum where you could see all the bits through the case.