william kossack

Default a question about the Nova DVR motor

The main thing I know of is Nova 3000 you can change the motor from the
standard 1 hp up to a 1.5 DC motor.

The DVR is computer controlled variable speed supposedly 1.75 HP. You
can not change the motor because the motor
is made around the spindle. Therefore there are no pullies or belts.
One concern I've heard is that if the motor dies your sol after the
warrenty has expired. The DVR also has a better tail stock supposedly
but I've never seen the two side by side

The DVR goes for about $1800 while the plain 3000 used to go for $800
without a motor (I think)

Reyd Dorakeen wrote:

whhats the difference between the nova 3000, and the nova DVR?