Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.usage.english,sci.electronics.repair,sci.lang
Tony Cooper[_2_] Tony Cooper[_2_] is offline

Default Summary of status of Microsoft Support scam phone call today on Linux from Android

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:08:33 -0700, Charles Bishop
wrote:

In article ,
Ned Turnbull wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:56:42 +0100, the Omrud wrote:

we are not billed for calls to
landlines or mobiles anywhere in Europe

Same here, in the USA, with an Oooma Telo hooked to your router.
Calls to the USA are free, for life.
The only cost is the ~$4/month to the government for taxes & fees.

What do you pay to have internet access such as DSL? You do have to pay
a local Telco something to have wires from your house to "somewhere",
yes?

I pay Brighthouse for cable access, and that's a wire to my house.
However, I could pay DirectTV for dish reception and not have a wire.

Costs vary depending on the extent of the service. I pay $160 a
month, but that's for internet, cable TV with premium channels, and
land-line telephone service.

I would like to eliminate the land-line, but my wife doesn't want to.
We tried VoIP a few years ago with the land-line number ported over,
but during the second week we had it there was a computer problem. My
wife has a once-bitten attitude.

Her sisters and other family are not the type to switch over to our
cell phone numbers. If they called the land-line number, and it was
no longer in service, they'd assume we died.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL