Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Tim wrote:
Whilst it can still be freely bought, It can only be used where there
is
a specific exception such as the areas you suggest, and for the repair
of items built prior to the introduction of the ban. New-build pipe
organs, as I understand it, don't qualify for such an exception

Arfa

I'm not sure about that. The other area I failed to mention was hobby
electronics where it can be used from the start.

The main point of banning lead was to deal with:

1) Stuff likely to go to landfill (consumer electronics);

2) Drinking water.

You missed out H&S for those making the things.

I notice that car batteries and lead flashing are now imported. A very
successful piece of legislation!

Those items are easy to re-cycle.