Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default concrete setting time

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Martin Eastburn fired this volley in
:

Perhaps a chem action and not much if any Portland until later in the
cycle.

He said "Georgia". He didn't mean the Soviet state of Georgia.

There's really not much in the way of pyrolytic or volcanic stone in
Georgia, USA.

He went to Georgia because except for a little limestone, Florida's only
mineral commodity is (well, was) phosphates. Our sand is too fine for
concrete work.

Lloyd

He actually went all over the world to get the materials for the
bridges. The below water cement came from Germany, the trap rock came
from NY state.

https://friendsofoldseven.org/bridge/

I was wrong about Georgia. it must have been Germany I was thinking of.

John