AHilton

Default high speed turning tools

I've not used the Frank Lynn steel that he advertises. I made my own
scrapers from "Weldable Steel" (do a search on this newsgroup archives for
those words) that are 1/2" thick. I made some as wide as 2". They won't
vibrate. They're cheap and easy to find. You can make them to whatever size
you want. It's far easier to form your burr on the edges.

As long as you're planning to make your own anyway, you might give that a
shot.

- Andrew

"Franko" wrote in message
om...
In the AAW Journal of the American Woodturner magazine classified ad
section Frank Lynn, Washington state advertizes high speed steel
turning tools and also high speed steel bars at a reasonable price.
Has anyone purchased any of these and what's your comments. I would
like to make some heavy scrapers. At least 3/8 in thick. Any other
sources for high speed steel bars.