Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default 18 v Lithium battery

On 8/27/2014 4:53 PM, Frank wrote:
Are all 18 v Li batteries interchangeable with certain tool products? I have a Worx trimmer and edger that takes such a battery. I realize they eventually will lose their power or so I was told, after so many recharges. Out of curiosity, I checked with the company and they are charging a ridiculous amount for the replacement. For a few dollars more I can buy another edger of theirs, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have. Recently, I saw an ad for a cordless drill that comes with a 18 v Li battery selling for half the price of what just the battery would cost with Worx. I just as soon as buy 'another drill', just as to benefit from the battery, but I do not know if they are interchangeable.

I had same problem years ago with, I believe a Homelite brand, hedge
trimmer and edger that I bought at HD for $100. These were not Li
batteries, probably NiCad but when both went bad the replacements were
$50 each.

I hated to toss out perfectly good tools but replaced them with corded
tools that were not only about the same price but much more powerful.