Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_5_] Windmill[_5_] is offline

Default Patching leatherette armchair

alan_m writes:

On 18/08/2014 05:30, Windmill wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to patch leatherette (I think it's called)
when the outer layer has been abraded away exposing the underlying
fabric?

I've been wondering if 'puff' fabric dye, or black silicone rubber, or
black silk emulsion, would do a reasonable job.

Try Youtube videos on the subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c8lPMxEe4A

Thanks, I'll have a look.

On a related topic, I have some cheap Argos tub chairs which haven't
had the salt properly washed out of the fabric, so that sweat from an
arm soaks into the armchair then dries leaving a white mark.
I need to either buy some kind of coating to create that shiny look you
see on some folk's clothing, or buy the new Argos chocolate-coloured
chairs which come with that type of finish.

Any ideas about that?

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m