Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable Air Tank Question

On 8/27/2014 10:40 AM, wrote:
I need to ask a stupid question. I have a portable air tank that I
have not used for 5 or so years, and I have forgotten how to use it.
Chalk it up to old age.

Anyway - it has no labelling on it whatsoever, so I have no idea who
made the thing. It resembles this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-10-...T10H/202528456

I can load it with what its gauge says is 100PSI, but I can get
nothing out of it. Obviously I am forgetting what to turn or
otherwise operate to make it release its air. I have a hose connected
(with a quick disconnect) and a trigger-controlled nozzle. I have two
nozzles, and have tried both. I have tried the hose with no nozzle. I
have backed off a little on a 1" knob, thinking that would release the
air. Nothing.

I told you it was dumb. I can't find my old manual nor can I find
same on the web.

Whar have I forgotten?

Thanks

JW

Might take four or five complete turns (counter
clockwise) to release the air.

--
..
Christopher A. Young