Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ain't That The Truth

On 8/26/2014 9:37 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
My son is in the middle of a full kitchen update.

He could contract out the job but he enjoys the work and it is
a diversion from his day job of a rocket scientist.

Below is an excerpt of a recent e-mail from him.

We passed the framing inspection yesterday, and the inspector also
signed
off on insulation. I still have plenty of insulation work to finish,
but
it's not required by code. The tweaks to the hopper tool work well,
but it's
still a brutal job. It's kind of like filling up mattresses by
stuffing
cotton balls through a mail slot. It takes me 3 days to recover from
the
soreness after a morning working on it. It sucks getting old.

Oh yes I remember those years, but it was building a boat not
updating a house.

I found it to be quite humerous since he won't hit 52 until later this
year.

Wait till the Ritis brothers come to visit, especially Artie.

Lew

So Lew, does your son get regular exercise? I went through that stage
of being sore, not being able to get up quickly from the floor, joints
always being sore, ect. at about his age. I began a regular, walk like
you are on a mission, daily 2 mile routine about 8 years ago. Today I
turn 60 and do that 2 mile walk in under 30 minutes. Nothing hurts
anymore and I seldom get sore.
I am a firm believer that it is hell getting old if you let yourself get
old. Want to feel like a kid, stay physical like a kid. Well not like
today's kids but like we were when we were young. Like the old saying
goes, use it or loose it.