Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How The A-10 Warthog Became 'The Most Survivable Plane Ever Built'

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:31:28 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:08:53 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

On Sunday, August 17, 2014 8:04:00 PM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73IyO1Qdqo

The A-10 Thunderbolt II & GAU-8 Avenger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHv50lXfDHQ

Yeah, but I don't really believe in manned aircraft that much any more, because the ground-to-air stuff is too strong. Its better that military aircraft are un-manned.

Sorry but I could not agree less.

Watch all the video links I put up. Military personal will describe what the A-10 does that nothing else can do. You need to understand why it's important to loiter on the battlefield and why you often need a human to observe with their own eyes and make decisions.

The Air Force doesn't want the A-10 anymore, they have never really wanted it.

The Army wants the A-10 because it's their best friend. They are the one's who tell A-10 pilots what they need it to do.