Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bench power supply

In article ,
Lee wrote:
New shiny things are nice
I was looking at a similar CSI branded unit to this a little while back*
It got quite a reasonable writeup on the eevblog forum and they are
sometimes quite scathing on there...

*Until a nice (very little used) TTi unit became available at a price it
was difficult to refuse

I did want 0-50v - most seem to be 0-35v. I'd been looking for a 'decent
make' used one - but they seem to go for more than this one new on Ebay.

To put things into perspective. It has a custom made toroidal mains
transformer - approx 150 x 70 mm. That sort of size will cost about 100
quid from RS.

The way I sued to test power amps was a mains variac into the actual
intended power supply.

That allowed you to monitor current and make sure it didn't go ape ****
before actually using the power supply at full mains voltage