Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

On 26/08/2014 09:32, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive
George wrote:

On 26/08/2014 02:39, Arfa Daily wrote:

Where genuine improvements for genuine reasons have been regulated for
by the EU, then that's fine. But you miss the original point that I was
making. This is a piece of legislation for no particular reason other
than that someone justifying their own department or job, has spotted
that vacuum cleaners have motors with BIG WATTS !! and decided that in
these days of green hysteria, that MUST STOP !! So they've legislated
against this under that all-encompassing umbrella of power saving,
despite the fact that in the grand scheme of things, given the way that
these things are used, the power 'saving' will be minuscule

Probably not.

I'd guess that a manufacturer (or possibly more than one) who has
worked out how to do decent low power vacuum cleaners has suggested to
the appropriate people that it would be good to do this. Possibly even
a patent holder of some appropriate technology.

IOW, the EU people are in the industrialists' pockets.

Why restrict that to EU?