Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What do you think.

On Monday, August 25, 2014 11:54:13 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 19:52:05 -0400, micky

wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 00:35:39 -0400, micky

wrote:

A friend who has been looking hs been offered a job. His role is to

gve out gift cards, that start at 300l doolars but also go higher if

people have a more expansive hom. For every card he hands out antd

hey sign for , he gets 30 dollars. By signing, the car reciipient has

to agree that if he ever sells his hous someone from the group that

gives out the cards will get the listing, and he commission when the

house is sold The commission is usally 7%, though it may be split

bewtween buyer's and seller's agents, and the seller may have agreed o

pay less comission if he could arrange it.

Buy back to my friend. Have you ever heard of a plan like this before.

Is it a fraud? Legal? Will it be too hard to get people to sign?

The company is out $330 for the average house and won't get it back

until the owner decides to sell and succeeds in selling, which could be

next year or in 30 years. plus I thnk they have to monitor all these

poiple to make sure they don't hire another agen. That shouldn't be

hard, Just google every address once a month to see if it's listed for

sale.

I found the webpage that relates to this.

http://www.ijustjoined.com/

I don't know how to find out the giimmick without signing up, but maybe

you guys are more clever than I am.

Click on "How we do it"

I talked to my friend again.

He told me more. He had talked to the guy doing the hiriing for this,

and showed him his work history, and the guy was very enthusuatic.

"You're just the one we want. You're good with customers" etc.

The next day he looked them up with the BEtter Business Bureau, and they

had an A rating. The highest is A+. So he called the company backm

back and the same guy answered, and I guess he didn't know that until

later, so he verified the address of the company. Then my friend told

the guy on the phone that he had called the BBB and that they had an A

rating.

And instead of saying, "Well I'm sure that puts your mind at rest, and

you know we'll be a good company to work for" the guy said. "Don't you

ever call this number again. We don't want you. You're bad for this

company. You think too much." and then the guy hung up on him.

Wow, huh? As my friend says, "Nobody*** gives away money [so there

must be a gimmick]

My friend talked to his sister too, and her theory was that every dollar

they give out, the homeowner has to pay back when he sells his house,

plus lots of interest. Of course until someone sees the contract, he

doesn't know that. So I'm thinking, even an honest person who intends

to hire the require real estate company is likely to forget about this

deal in several years, or lose the phone number, so what do they do

then. I thought maybe they follow the muliple listings checking if

one of their houses is listed.

But as I started typing here, a better way came to mind. They put a

lien on the house which has to be** paid before it can be sold. And

part of the contract is the owner agreeing to the lien. Probably

without using the word lien.

**What if someone tries to buy a house without checking for liens. I'm

sure he can, can't he. He just buys the house subject to the same lien

and the lienholder can foreclose on the lien anytime he wants, and force

a sale, like they do with people delinquent on property taxes.

You sure have a vivid imagination.