Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Roof leak advice?

KenK wrote:

Suggestions? Currently I'm in the mood to wait and see; it might have
been the unusually strong wind and rain that helped cause the problem. Or
perhaps the roof hole is a long way from there and the water ran over the
top of the ceiling panels to where the stain is?

Does the roof still have a bow? I've had a couple of small leaks around the
edges where the water pooled up. Sometimes the water will follow the
interior framing to the low point.

I've had good luck with Henry's Wet Patch. Like it says, it will work when
it's wet and cold so you can spread it where the water is pooling for a
quick fix. It sounds like you might have a problem getting to the leak area
though.

I've got one leak and I can't seem to get it with the Wet Patch. It's
supposed to be warm tomorrow so I'm going to slather on a coat of Henry's
Fibered Asphalt.

If you read the fine print on the 'snow' coatings they're more about a white
coating to cut down solar heating and often suggest you apply them over some
other sort of sealer. I'm not fancy and this isn't Arizona so I'll stick
with asphalt.