Fred Holder

Default a question about the Nova DVR motor

I've had a Nova DVR 3000 since last July and find it to be a very fine machine
and very safe. It is designed to shut down if you have a massive catch, which
probably makes it safer than most lathes. On this lathe, the headstock is the
motor and the motor shaft is the spindle of the lathe. The lathe shuts down best
by pusing the off button, not turning off the power switch.

If you are thinking of getting a DVR, I would do so with no reservations. It is
one fine lathe.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com/

In article 78TMb.43577$I06.276792@attbi_s01, william kossack says...

When I described the Nova DVR to a neighbor he described it as I think a
direct mount and cautioned about using a lathe where the turning stock
was directly mounted to the motor. He wanted to know if there was a
kill switch to quickly shut down if something happened.

Anyone had problems with this setup?