Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Missouri cop was badly beaten

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:44:49 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

The shooting took place in Washington, D.C.. I see no way for state
charges to be brought. No jurisdiction to prosecute. It's why I was
asking for the article to read.

"...The U.S. Constitution provided for a federal district under the
exclusive jurisdiction of the Congress and the District is therefore
not a part of any U.S. state."

Good point, forgot about that little part. Sometimes the nuances flash
right by me (grin)

Major crimes are prosecuted in federal court. The convicted go
directly to federal prison. The name escapes me now, but there was an
old local federal prison where time was served. That was closed but
in its time there were secret bunkers for our government located
underground.

D.C. has violent gangs like most every city; known or often called
D.C. Blacks. A minor riot with Mariel Cubans was one case I
investigated - FCI Raybrook, NY.

The crooks lucked out not having to serve state time. Better
accommodations