Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default concrete setting time

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:53:19 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

Don't even think you can hand-nail it

though ... I used my framing nailer .

You can, but you'll bend a lot of the specified nails unless you have

some superhuman ability, or predrill, perhaps. I did 1000+ square feet

hand-nailing with the specified ring-shank nails and some volunteer

helpers, and we learned to just give up and yank & try again when the

first bend took place, as there was no getting it right after that.

It's also glued down.

I neither own nor want to own or rent a nailer. Hammers suit me fine.

I bought the nailer for a fence job . That job paid for it , the rest is

just gravy . Built the living room to our new house with it , plan on using

it for the kitchen , bedroom , and decks all 'round . Gravy .

Speaking of houses , I just finished the stonework floor for our wood

burning stove . I sure hope the wall is easier on my poor old worn-out body

! Gotta let the floor cure for a week or so before I begin , probably spend

a part of that week doing electrical reconfiguration , we had the power

service moved to the permanent structure last week . Got a couple of trees

that are convenient to the splitting/storage area that I might take down if

the temps drop some . It's 99� here right now , down from a high of 100� at

3:05 PM . I didn't even try to cool my shop today , just left the door open

and a ceiling fan on to stir the hot air .

--

Snag
The house is a comfortable 76� though , well insulated and cooled by an

8,000 BTU window unit that's at least 20 yrs old .

And sooner or later, you should think about the modern solar powered air conditioner:

-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH61Ag0eA5g

Now. What would you do without the electrician, huh Terry?