Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default What do you think.

On 8/21/2014 11:35 PM, micky wrote:
A friend who has been looking hs been offered a job. His role is to
gve out gift cards, that start at 300l doolars but also go higher if
people have a more expansive hom. For every card he hands out antd
hey sign for , he gets 30 dollars. By signing, the car reciipient has
to agree that if he ever sells his hous someone from the group that
gives out the cards will get the listing, and he commission when the
house is sold The commission is usally 7%, though it may be split
bewtween buyer's and seller's agents, and the seller may have agreed o
pay less comission if he could arrange it.

Buy back to my friend. Have you ever heard of a plan like this before.
Is it a fraud? Legal? Will it be too hard to get people to sign?

The Company is called Exceed. This is their "smart homeowners program".
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...226123371.html

From a homeowner's perspective, I don't like this. You're committing
yourself to a legal obligation in exchange for fairly small amounts of
money doled out at the company's discretion. If you never get the
cash, you're still saddled with the legal burden, unless you take them
to court to break it.

Some online info about it:

A new real estate scheme is alive and active on the streets of
Albuquerque and on the electronic thoroughfares of the Internet as
well. But is the scheme a scam? It certainly appears to be another
example of the old rule – if it sounds too good to be true, it
probably is...
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3492931.shtml

....I felt that something was really off due to them not sending any
gift cards out to the homeowners who do indeed sign a lifelong
contract to limit their use of brokers to Exceeds list of them. And in
the fine print, they give themselves a possible 4 months longer than a
year before any gift cards are sent! Wow...sounds like a scam. So I
called one of the brokers on their list of supposedly contracted
brokers with them and I spoke to the owner. She had never heard of
them. Then I walked into the Centurt 21 office and they too had never
heard of the program! Spoke to the office manager. So that is two out
of four on their list of only four brokers for Readding....never heard
of them! That is fraud to represent that they are contracted with them
to homeowners and the homeowners end up signing a lifelong contract to
limit their use of only these brokers.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exceed...ego-et-1134090