Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Avast fraud

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:17:38 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:
On 24 Aug 2014, Stormin Mormon wrote in

alt.home.repair:

Trader is more on topic than most poster,

such as Higgy / Sara and her wandering.

In this case I would say Not. Not even close.

His paranoid rant had nothing at all to do with the topic at hand or my

post.

It wasn't a rant, just a brief observation. It does have something to do
with it. HB is a classic lib. She's looking for some "ombudsman" or govt agency to solve her problem. She refuses all help from the many folks here that have offered to help her solve her PC problem if she would just tell
them what's wrong. And then it turns out, she's being dishonest herself, claiming in her first post that Avast was ignoring her, then the next day, telling us that Avast had responded both in writing and with a phone call. Then, in typical fashion, not telling us what they said.

The basic claim that it's fraud sounds like a stretch too. They sold her a service, she admits they provided phone support for a previous problem and helped her restore her PC. But she says that resulted in some lost data. Any bets that the lost data was because HB didn't have stuff properly backed up?
Or didn't back it up properly before doing the restore? And in this
incident, she says they spent several hours trying to help her. Anyone want
to bet that after trying the obvious, they suggested that she restore the PC
to the as-shipped software load, but she refused? I know if I was providing software phone support and guaranteeing to fix *anything*, that
would be one of my suggestions, because it not only works, it's a CYA to
meet the alleged claim that you can fix anything.