Peter Teubel

Default a question about the Nova DVR motor

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:19:47 GMT, william kossack wrote:

When I described the Nova DVR to a neighbor he described it as I think a
direct mount and cautioned about using a lathe where the turning stock
was directly mounted to the motor. He wanted to know if there was a
kill switch to quickly shut down if something happened.

Anyone had problems with this setup?

Well, sort of. I generally wire up power switches on BOTH ends of all my lathes for safety. But its not much good on the DVR. When
you cut power to the lathe, it still spins (under power) for a few seconds before it finally shuts off. Its a function of the
motor design itself, NOT the fact that its direct drive.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com