Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default patio paving cleaning

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:27:15 PM UTC+1, JTM wrote:
In article

,

fred wrote:

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 6:47:38 PM UTC+1, harry

wrote:

"curious" wrote in message

I have been quoted #950 to clean and seal 35 sq metres

of back yard 15 years

[snip]

For the weeds, put down some salt in winter. Salt can

be free depending

where you live.

Knocks back 90% of them.

Failing that it.s weedkiller once a year.

Which weed killer lasts 12 months in this scenario ?

Even the sodium chlorate treated areas used to show some

growth well within the year for us, and wife has just asked

about mixing up another dose of glyphosate ( mostly I think

for those bits of garden and patio where the soil has been

disturbed after treatment, alowing seeds to germinate after

the soil bacteria has done it's job on the last lot of

sparying)

John

--

John Mulrooney

I had a friend once. . . but the lead broke and he ran off

I found Roundup poor for use on the patios. Weeds returned fairly rapidly. Since the demise of Simazine, another victim of the E.U. I have found Premazor 57 as effective. One application will last a season with only the very very occasional weed popping its head up.
Its a residual weed killer which gives namby pamby gardeners the heebie jeebies as did Simazine but this article gives the lie to a lot of that

http://www.earlscliffe.com/herbaceao...d_simazine.htm